PRO CIVIS – IDEAS AND ORGANIZER OF TARGI KIELCE HACKATHON
PRO CIVIS is a co-author of the international concept of the project “BioBoosters – boosting the circular transition“, under which the Targi Kielce Hackathon and 17 further European hackathons are held.
PRO CIVIS is the formal organizer of Targi Kielce Hackathon.
Mission, scope of activity and references of PRO CIVIS:
The Foundation for Education and Social Dialogue PRO CIVIS, established in 2007, based in Kielce, undertakes, manages and supports:
- initiatives to develop entrepreneurship through research, development and innovation
- activities for the development of local and regional communities.
Substantively, PRO CIVIS focuses its activities in the following areas:
- circular economy and bioeconomy as a renewable element of circular economy;
- sustainable development (sustainable products, services and business models and new
- consumption patterns);
- regenerative growth;
- ecological innovations;
- industrial and territorial ecology;
- renewable energy sources and energy efficiency;
- protecting and stopping climate change.
For these substantive areas, the Foundation undertakes and conducts:
- basic research, application research and development work
- activities in the field of commercialization of research and development results
- activities for the development of entrepreneurship and innovation, involving the material and technical base as well as human and competence resources.
PRO CIVIS is a member of the international consortium Circular Bio-based Europe Joint Undertaking supporting the competitiveness of the European bioeconomy and circular economy (Circular Economy). The consortium includes the largest European companies, universities, research centers and non-governmental organizations.
In line with its goal and mission, PRO CIVIS co-creates and implements subsequent externally financed projects in international consortiums. These are in particular:
- RDI 2CluB – Rural RDI milieus in transition towards smart Bioeconomy Clusters / Innovation Ecosystems CBB Connected By Biobord (project completed)
- BIObec – Preparing the creation of Bio-Based Education Centers to meet industry needs and boost the contribution of the bioeconomy to societal challenges (in progress)
- BioGoLocal – Implementing Circular Bioeconomy in Practice at Local Level (in progress)
- Bio4HUMAN – Identifying bio-based solutions for waste management applicable to the humanitarian sector (in progress).
PRO CIVIS is the leader of the scientific and business partnership dealing with cascade extraction of biomass (mechanical, water and steam extraction, alcohol and chemical extraction, supercritical CO2, fermentation and dry distillation). The studies, research and innovative implementations carried out are aimed at optimizing the use of the economic potential of biomass while ensuring a complete waste-free management system (re-use, re-circulate, cradle to cradle system).